Bio-Data Shams jilani (Canadian Era)
I am writer, Poet and Historian by profession and to serve the humanity is my mission.
- Came in Canada June 29 1989 and joined as a member Minoru senior center society city of Richmond.
- In 1991 Elected as a Member Board of directors Richmond multicultural concern society.
- In 1995 “ Richmond News “ awarded its very first Community Achiever award to me. By public voting.
- In 2001 Recognised by Govornament of Canada as A volunteer on international volunteer day pro claimed by U.N.O
- In 2002 Miracle ‘s (community news paper) best writers Award on my books “Haqooq ul Ibad and Islam” by Deputy Premier BC. Hon. Christy Clark(now sitting premier)
- In the next year recognized by Member of Parliament Canada, Richmond constituency by Hon. Joe Peschisolido. M.P
- City of Richmond presented certificate of appreciation and pin of city of Richmond by Acting Mayor. On the opening ceremony of my three books Haqooq ul Ibad and Islam, Gunman e moutber and Bunyadiat of diabetes (translation from English to Urdu written by Dr. A.R Minhas MD & FRCS)
- B.C. M.A awarded life member ship on 20 years services as a volunteer.
- 411 senior society awarded life member ship for sixteen years sevices as a Member Board of Directors and chair Multicultural committee.
- Also recognized by Parliament of British Columbia as member of senior’s Advisory council City of Richmond.
- In 2003 City of Vancouver awarded Cultural Harmony award as chair of Multicultural committee 411 senior’s center society Vancouver.Besides that I served on the fallowing positions too.
- Chair Richmond Multicultural Seniors society and was also founder.
- President Canada Urdu Association.
- General Secretary Hindi literary society.
- Founder Member of BC Muslim Federation.
- BOD. Hospice Association Burnaby.
- Member Vancouver multicultural society.
- Member City of Richmond, Multicultural Advisory committee.
- Member City of Richmond, Heritage Advisory committee.
- Member City of Richmond, Intercultural Advisory committee.
- Member administration committee City conference, Richmond.
- Planning Committee of Richmond Health Board. (1996)
- Advisory Committee, Metro Vancouver correction board.
- Member Accessible transport Advisory committee (Tran’s link) as a seniors Representative by COMPACT.
- Member Election committee of B.C.M.A. and Chair of Richmond branch.
- Member from 2002 Seniors Advisory committee City of Richmond. for 21 years
- Senior’s Citizen Counsellor more than 12 years Ministery of Social Services and Ministery of seniors years.
- Information and Referral Counsellor in 411 senior center society 17 years.
- Affidavit commissioner 12 years, Ministery of attorney General, BC.
- Sitting Moderator, Halqa e tafseer e Koran from more than 20 years in Richmond jammi masjid Richmond.
- Member General Assembly of I.C.N.A North America.
- Founder member of liberal senior’s commission, Richmond.
- Contibutor voices wisdom program sponsored by Governament of B.C.
- Member.R.C.M.P Multicultural Advisory committee.
Wrote 21 books one in Hindi “Utam Hay Insan“ and one in English “when I turn 64“ and 15 In “Urdu sada Ba Sehra“ Guman e Muotber (Poetry) and Haqooq ul Ibad & Islam in Urdu (Translated in English too by Mohammed Rafiq and translation is also available on the web side bazm e shamsjilani.org “ Roshni Hira say “ seerah prophet Mohammed (pubh ) .History of other Prophet ‘s with the name Qissay mukhilseen kay.. Seerah of Hazrat Abubakr ( rd) , . SeerahHazrat Ummer (rd) Seerah. Hazrat Usman (rd) Seerah Hazrat Alli (rd) Seerah.Hazrat Fatima (rd)Seerah Hazrat Imam Hassan. Serah Hazrat Imam hussain . Ashra e mubushirah (rd). Serah Sahabiat Munawrat (rd) .(Takhlees)Risalah Haft msail byHazrat Imdad ullah mahajir makki (rh) etc.
Was columnist in Urdu news papers, Nawai Waqt (London), Pakeezah Toronto, Hamdam (China & Pakistan) “Gulban“ (Jeddah), Bakhshiat Calcutta (India) and lot of others.
- columnist”Aalmi Akhbar” London.
- Pakistantimes Toranto & Chicago(USA).
- Miracle Vancouver.
- Columnist, Community times, Canada .
- Honorary Editor, Aalmi Akhbar, London.
- Honorary Editor, Armughane hamd, Karachi Pakistan